Give a girl some mayo or at least a reason to roll in it… the corn, that is. Elote Corn is a household favorite here at L:C, and you better watch your back if you come in here with one… Better idea: Come in with one for you and one for me, and we can be friends. After you’re done, wash it all back with a Michelada and repeat. Enjoy!
Elote Corn Recipe
4 ears corn, shucked, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup grated cotija cheese, a pinch of chili powder and 4 wedges lime (optional)
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
2. Grill corn until hot and lightly charred all over, 7 to 10 minutes, depending on the temperature of the grill. Roll the ears in melted butter, then spread evenly with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with cotija cheese and serve with a lime wedge.
– 1 ice cold Mexican beer (dark is better)
coarse salt (for the rim)
– 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
– 1-2 dashes of hot chile sauce (such as Tabasco, Tapatio or Cholula)
– 1 dash of soy sauce
– 1 dash worchestshire sauce
– beer mug or large glass (chilled if possible)
– lime wedge for garnish